Friday, September 25, 2009

One week and one day before the trip

September 25, 2009
My 79 year old father has finally agreed to taking a wheel chair through security at Newark airport. Yippee!!! I dreaded the moment he had to sit down to take off his shoes in the middle of the security line, blocking the crazed people who are late for their flight. I also dreaded the thought of him talking to the security guards, giving them political lectures as he sat slowly undoing each shoe, further annoying passengers. Then I panicked when I imagined that he would decide to remove his belt and his pants would fall down.
Well.. none of that! The wheel chair will whisk him away to the gate. He can make it down the jetway to his first class seat on his own!
Our driver, Mike, has finalized our schedule on Monday on Islay that takes us to 4 distilleries. Yum Yum. My sister, who claims she has never had a scotch, will have fun. She can bring her flask of Chardonnay if she is worried that she won't be as fortified as her father and sister. I am not sure how she managed to grow up in a Scottish household without a wee dram of Scotch, but I believe her.
More to come!

1 comment: