Saturday, September 26, 2009

One week before

Well.... Lise told me that my father will still have to take off his shoes, but at least he will be sitting. My sister and I will arrive around the same time at Newark. (Me from SFO and Mary from STL.) She wants to have a drink before we go out of security and get my father. That might work... there is a great wine bar in terminal C in Newark. They sell glasses or tastes. I forget the name right now, but I will record it later. But maybe we should wait. I don't want to leave my father out on on the street. My mother will drop him off and go home to start her 10 days of freedom.

I was packing this morning and was remembering that when my father and I have traveled to Scotland in the past, as soon as we arrive, he says he needs to buy something... either socks, underwear, hankies.... so we spend the first day looking for a men's shop. SO, I called my mother to make sure he packs everything. She was excited to tell me that he bought disposable underwear. What does that mean???? My guess is that it gets thrown away after a day's use... or perhaps it disintegrates by the end of the day.. maybe it is flushable.... or maybe she meant that he has Depends. That last idea is being erased from my mind.
I was going to pack wine for my sister (and me), but decided that she (we) could buy it in the duty free shop. I will bring very few clothing items to leave lots of room for Scotch. I wonder how many bottles I can bring back without getting in trouble or paying for overweight luggage. Maybe I should bring disposible clothes.

Speaking of tours, my mother told me that maybe we should only go to 2 distilleries the first day and we should have lunch earlier. Hmmm... I didn't realize she was in control of what we all do when we are in Scotland. Did she want to join us??? No! But being a good daughter and thinking of my father with jet lag, I emailed the driver to ask if we could cancel a tour at the last minute if need be... just for my father... I will be a trooper and go to all of the schedules tours. I won't disappoint the distillery.

More to come.... next I will introduce the characters in this narration.

No comments:

Post a Comment