Wednesday, September 30, 2009

side notes

Just a couple of side notes.
ONE... I planned my dentist visit BEFORE I went off to Scotland because who wants to have dental issues in the UK? SO I get to the dentist last night 5 minutes early. I am told to wait. I wait and wait and wait. 35 minutes later, I am told that the dentist is doing emergency work and can't get to me... I would have to reschedule. Okay... I remained calm, but then it took me over an hour to get home from Berkeley and I was fuming when I got home. Waiting for me on the answering machine was a message from my dentist (who I actually like). He apologized and offered me a sonic electric tooth brush as compensation. I will take it, but it won't help if my tooth goes bad in Scotland. Have you ever seen their teeth???
Of course, the unsightly condition of their teeth could be because of the whiskey! Speaking of whiskey, I had one last night after getting home. I just wanted to make sure that I still liked it.

Other note. My mother wrote me that my father announced to her the other day that he will be able to catch up on his sleep on vacation. I am glad my mother saw the humor and insanity of this statement. I wonder lately what is wrong with my father's logic? Does logic leak out with our memory as we get older?
You have to understand why I think he logic is dwindling. He goes to bed at 10pm. He gets up between 7:30 and 8am. EVERY DAY! Now, what sleep is he catching up on? Maybe he lost when he was in his youth? If I ever get 1o hours of sleep, I get nervous that I might have missed something.
Oh well... traveling with my father is never predictable or normal (nor would I want it to be.)
Life is to be lived!

No comments:

Post a Comment