Friday, October 2, 2009

Leaving tomorrow!

Yikes! One day!
I am nervous about staying in good health for this trip. A lot of people on the train and at work are sniffling and coughing. I hold my breath a lot and wash my hands obsessively. My poor hands are drying out. They look and feel 80 years old!
I asked my friend, Robin, for a long distance wellness healing. She is the best in keeping me healthy on a spirit level!

Also, I thought I would be ready by now, but I still have a little more to do. Last night, I went out in North Beach, thinking I was responsible enough to leave early and go home. But as usual, after only two glasses of wine, I lost some of my responsible nature. With white wine logic, I convinced myself with that I could stay out as long as I wanted and that being responsible was overrated.
Well... the honest truth is that I decided that I was having fun, and that is more important than packing.

I was at the San Francisco Brewing Company with a friend, saying goodbye to the Brew Pub and its owner. The business is in the process of being sold and will no longer be a brew pub. Sad..... i am glad I could go to say goodbye.

Then in keeping with the energy of my recent trip to Spain, my friend suggested we go to a Tapas restaurant. It was actually quite good. It is called Bocadillos. The waiter behind the bar was friendly and informative and suggested some good wine.
SO... I made the better decision to enjoy good food, good wine and good company rather than being at home stressing over my suitcase.
Of course, when my alarm went off this morning... I wasn't happy.

THE TRIP:
Apparently my father doesn't trust the disposable underwear, and told my mother he was bringing boxers to wear over the disposable underwear. BUT she did convince him that wearing undershirts and socks for two days is not a bad thing. WHY do they have to share all this with me? I actually don't really care what he packs or doesn't pack. I do care that he has enough room in his suitcase to bring home some scotch (and wee gifts for my mother).

Mary thinks she will be doing work on the trip which is why I am bringing my computer. She can't bring her lap top. That would deprive her computer addict daughter of a computer for a week. (Right, AlexANdra?)
I am not sure when Mary will have the time to work, but she might get bored with sipping Scotch, looking out at the rain from the car window, and walking around castles.

I am happy today.... and looking forward to a fun experience.
Airport shuttle picks me up at 4am tomorrow!
Signing out.
Elizabeth Barrie McMath

No comments:

Post a Comment