Saturday, October 10, 2009

About Mrs. Marshall

Our host at the B&B, Mrs. Glum Marshall came to us when we arrived after taking a walk on Thursday. She said she heard that we weren't happy with her. She went through of a list of things she did to make us feel welcome and basically wanted to know what our problem was. I felt really uncomfortable. I asked her who told her and she said our driver had talked to her husband and told him that we felt unwelcome and then again went through her list of things she says and does to welcome people and asked if we had a problem with this. I didn't know what to say at first, but then told her that I thought it odd that she didn't introduce herself to us when we arrived and seemed not to know who we were even though we were expected. She had another excuse.
Mary said maybe Mike shouldn't have said anything, but I told her that Mike was tyring to protect us, but with people like Mrs. Glum you can't know how they will react. Mike also has a reputation to maintain to I was not upset with him, but I was upset at how Mrs. Marshall approached us on the defensive. She hardly allowed us to say anything back to her. We finally just said it was a misunderstanding and we walked away. I wouldn't reccomend going there. She is a confrontational uncomfortable woman. My dad still thinks she is shy. I told him that is no excuse to be rude. I told him I was shy, but I wasn't rude. Then he tried to tell me that he is shy. Even Mike laughed at that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment