Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Finishing Monday

No, we are not doing anything except drinking and eating!
I forget where I left off, but I think it was going to Caol Ila. On the way there we drove up a road to another distillery for the views. It was a beautiful drive past a loch (lake). I later found out that this loch is the water source for Caol Ila. ON the way to the distillery, we saw a handmade sign pointing to the distillery, on the way out the same sign said "other places". Okay, so it isn't that funny, but I laughed
I took a picture. It has been hard taking pictures. It is so beautiful that I want to take photos everywhere. I can't when we are driving on one way roads.

Caol Ila was an interesting tour. Dsepite some long stairs, Dad decided to go on the tour. He walked up 2 flights of stairs as if he was 40. And actually it was interesting, and I tasted some scotch that isn't sold anywhere else but the distillery. My dad really liked it there.


There is a horrible tide around Caol Ila (it is right on the water). Often they are called to look for lost people floating by.
After Caol Ila, we went to Porthaven to a pub for dinner. It was a VERY small pub, but was quaint with a fire going. Dad was very ecited to try Haggis. If you knew what Haggis is, you would be making a big face trying to not to gag.... Somehow he managed to find out the life history of the owner/cook/server when I don't even think he left his chair. Dad does that. He sits next to someone for 3-5 minutes and he knows everything about them. AND he had told them all about the political system of the us and all his physical problems. It has its ups and downs.


Mary and I had Haddock cakes. Delicious. We invited the driver to dinner. He is so good with Dad and seems to enjoy the time with us (of course, maybe he wants a good tip). As a professional tour guide, he took 2 years to go through training so maybe part of his training is to be patient and understanding.

IN addition, there was only one cab driver on the island and he was off island!



We got back to the B&B and Ronnie and Mahrie offered us a Scotch. We were very tired, but I said Oh yes, please.

I remembered that the woman at the bank told me that the dog Jillas (Faithful) did a water trick so I asked if he would do it for us. Ronnie told Jillas to fetch the bottled water. Then stopped Jillas and said no... not the brown peaty tap water, but the bottled water. While ROnnie was talking, Jillas just listened. Then wnet out and brought the bottled water!



We all had a whiskey. They are great hosts.



Then Mary and I went to bed in the wind and rain storm. I had night mares, but managed to sleep a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment