Tuesday, October 27, 2009

corrections/comments

The quote from the Scottish band is actually: “ I’m chust going to have myself a wee dram and prochect myself into insanity!” was the opening remark for the Vatersay Boys CD “The Sound of Vatersay”. They come from Castlebay on Barra in the Western Isles.

The reason my cousins are MacMath and I am McMath is that it came about at the registrar's office when my dad's cousin Forbes birth was registered. According to Moyra (his daughter), it was his aunt who got the spelling wrong!!
But when Forbes was young, he signed his name McMath. Only when he was older did he use the name on his birth certificate. (MacMath).

I went to Hanger One in Alameda to taste their Vodkas and other spirits. They have a single malt Scotch that tastes nothing like Scotch to me. It tastes more like Bourbon. I think that the real Scotch can only be made in Scotland.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment